The Handmaid's Tale began airing on Bravo last Sunday. Book Riot compiled a list of the top ten highlighted passages by Kindle users and our publicity goose is angry her favourite quote didn't make the cut. CBC Books looks at three things that inspired the novel, and the first episode reveals Offred's real name as June... but is it?
- We fell hard for the little free library movement. We still love them, but this article on Citylab has us thinking a bit more critically about where they appear. Don't forget to read the comments.
- The Midday Show on Kitchener's 570 News talks to Robert Clark about his thirty years in Canada's prison service.
- Did book clubs make The Book of Negroes a bestseller? Quill & Quire looks at the impact clubs can have on books and authors. Meanwhile, Book Riot asks a key question: Do we go to book clubs to meet people or books?
- The first trailer for The Dark Tower has dropped and Idris Elba is as awesome as expected.
- US viewers are still waiting for Anne to hit Netflix on May 12, but CBC viewers got the season finale on Sunday. Want to know more about Lucy Maud Montgomery? CBC has 75 facts about the beloved author that you might not know.
That's it for this week! How about some Simple Minds to play us out? (Bonus points if you know why.)