Opportunities at Goose Lane
Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Goose Lane Editions is an award-winning publisher known for publishing high quality books with national and international appeal. We specialize in innovative, award-winning fiction and poetry, and thought-provoking non-fiction in areas such as art, history, biography, politics, current affairs, nature, social sciences, the environment, popular culture, and travel/adventure. We are always looking for big, bold ideas, smart thinking, and lively writing that transcend these subjects.
DATA AND eCOMMERCE INTERN (posted August 2018)
Interested in taking a deep-dive into data management in book publishing? Goose Lane Editions has an opening for a Data and eCommerce Intern. This position is ideal for someone with a keen understanding of and a passion for data management. The successful candidate will have a big appetite for analytics, SEO, and metadata; improvement of B2B and B2C conversion rates; and creating business with data.
The Data and eCommerce Coordinator will be responsible for:
- maintaining, improving, distributing and reporting on the product master data for the full suite of products developed by Goose Lane Editions, including print books, eBooks.
- communicating and trouble-shooting issues with various data aggregators, including Amazon, Chapters-Indigo, Core Source, Bowker, BookNet, Book Manager, and other wholesale channels that rely on the company’s data for orders, promotion, distribution, and the sale of Goose Lane’s products.
- updating and coordinating content for the company’s branded websites (Shopify and Wordpress), in order to consistently increase discoverability and conversion rates.
- working with Goose Lane’s publicity department to drive online sales traffic and improve conversion rates, SEO, and to develop effective digital marketing tools and strategies for our print and e-book editions.
- understanding and applying ONIX bibliographic standards, BISAC and FEMA subject codes, SAP requirements, and trends in bibliographic data management.
- keeping up-to-date on new developments in SEO, conversion, and data management and identifying areas for improvement and change within Goose Lane’s process.
- troubleshooting, including identifying root causes of issues, optimizing inefficient execution, and resolving resource competition scenarios
The Data and eCommerce Coordinator will report directly to the Publisher, but will work collaboratively with other staff members in editorial, design, publicity and customer service.
This position requires a supremely well-organized, efficient, diligent individual with a keen interest in data management, knowledge of database applications, and good sense of humour. The successful candidate should relish the demands of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, and enjoy the responsibility of finding resolutions quickly and efficiently.
- Superior data management skills
- A strong sales orientation
- Accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A proficiency in technical documentation, reporting, website management, and data
- An understanding of HTML, XML, and ONIX
- A self-starter with highly honed research skills
- An ability to thrive within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma in Multi-media, Computer Science,Business Administration, Applied Arts or equivalent
Remuneration: $12-$14 per hour for a 30 to 40-hour work week. This position is a six-month internship with potential for becoming a permanent position based on performance. Candidates must be under 30 and register for the New Brunswick Youth Employment Fund in order to be considered.
Interested in joining us? Send your resume and a letter describing your interests and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, T. 506.450.4251
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.